Place : Marseille, France
Category : Tourism Office
Segment : Leisure, MICE
Marseille…as you would never have imagined it…
Marseille, capital of Provence is a renewed stunning place with 2600 years of fascinating history.
2022 will be the year with unique cultural events : Opening in june, the Cosquer Cave Replica : a faithful restitution of the submerged cave and its artistic treasures, dating back 33 000 BC!
And a World first with the Immersive Exhibition of Mona Lisa in collaboration with the « Grand Palais Immersif society » and the Louvre Museum offering the rediscovery of this masterpiece through a unique interactive and sensorial experience.
With its 57 km of coastline, its 10,000 hectares of green and natural areas the sunniest city of France enjoys an exceptional environment. A quality of life that meets the needs of both locals and tourists in search of nature, outdoor activities, wide open spaces and a « return to the green ».
New museums and galleries sprout. Trendy restaurants and bars abound. New Luxury 4 and 5 stars Hotel openings, tailormade experiences. The 21st-century city is recapturing the trading grandeur of the 19th century. It’s got a sophisticated swagger as it aspires to regain world city status.
In addition, there is a more confidential, experiential, upmarket tourism that retains its authenticity : A perfect starting point to visit the authentic Provence and French Riviera !
Marseille has something to offer to every traveler:
– Côté Prestige: Let yourself be surprised by a new prestige offer such as « the discovery of the Château d’If just for you! Enjoy a sailing trip in the Calanques National Park aboard a 1930’s sailing boat », « Share a unique moment by tasting a bouillabaisse at the Cabanon ».
– Nature side: « Take part in a snorkeling tour to discover the underwater museum » or « dive off the island of Riou on historical wrecks », « walk through the city and its biodiversity ».
– Well-being : « Breathe during a yoga hike », « take a private SPA by the sea », « enjoy a starry picnic ».
– Gastronomy : « Lunch in a fisherman’s cottage nestled in a small traditional port » or « Revive your taste buds with a Bouillabaisse course ».
– Family side : « Follow the guide in the village of La Treille by evoking Marcel Pagnol’s childhood memories », « Take part in an itinerary in the Panier district followed by a petanque game ».
Marseille is a city that stands apart, and that is precisely why you should go !
Contact : Marie-Pierre VOURIOT-POMARET— Marketing et communication – Promotion Loisirs